Wednesday 9 September 2015

Firewalker (Worldwalker 2) - By Josephine Angelini



Firewalker (Worldwalker 2) By Josephine Angelini

Josephine Angelini returns with another amazing book in the Worldwalker Trilogy.
This is time in Firewalker, Lily returns home with Rowan by her side, trying to hide her magic in her version of the universe, but ruthless ruler of the Thirteen Cities Lillian isn't going to let her go that easy.

Lily Lily Lily.... So what have you and your coven discovered? This book was a thrilling as the first and darker in places. It took me a while to get started not because I didn't like the story but I just kept stopping and starting and not finding the time to read, but i must admit once I finally sat down and read, i was captivated and couldn't put it down until I had finished it.
With the cliffhanger ending - Waiting for the next one will be really hard!

Likes:
  • The story did definitely keep me turning the pages, I just couldn't get enough. My heart was racing as you never knew what was going to happen next! My imagination was running wild trying to work what could happen next, but Josephine definitely gives you no idea what is about to come.

  • I love when a book goes into depth about certain things like the location and characters appearance etc, as i love having a picture in my mind as I read a story, and Josephine's descriptions does that for me. In Firewalker especially I like how much more depth she went into when describing the Woven and their different types compared to the first book .

  • This book gave me lots of different emotions when reading it, from anger, to laughter and crying. I must admit at one point I was yelling with frustration and tears running down my face due to a favorite character of mine disappointing me, but further on in the story I'm sure he has an altera motive in his actions (I'm Hoping), But all will have to read to find out.

  • I also love that new characters were introduced into the story, that were in the same position as Lily in the beginning of not knowing where they belong.
Dislikes:
  • My main dislike is that I have to wait so long for the next one, especially with the ending.

  • Also I think Lily kept a lot more secrets/information from Rowan in terms of Lillian, I know the reason she kept the secrets were to protect him, but in the first book she told him everything that happened, whether that was to do with her or Mind speak with Lillian.
Favorite Quotes:

"I'm A Witch, and Witches Burn"
"Love is being willing to become the villain so that the one you love can stay a hero"

I would recommend this book for Young Adults who love stories about Witches, World Jumping, Friendship & Loyalty.
I would rate this book 4.5 / 5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment